双语美文:抓紧!溜走的时间

   日期:2020-10-27

Imagine today in 2029 - 10 years from now.想象一下,如果现在是十年后,2029年

You will still be you,你还是你自己

except you will have changed.不过你已经有所改变

Think back the 2009 version of you回想一下2009年的你

and I bet you will struggle to recognise that person.我相信,你一定几乎认不出那个人了

Regardless of whether you are consciously changing无论你是否意识到自己的变化

- you are changing whether you want to or not.无论你是否想要改变,改变已经存在了

We overestimate what we can achieve in a week我们常常高估自己能在一周内完成的工作

and underestimate what we can achieve in a year.又常常低估我们能在一年里做成的事情

Habits are easy to stick to养成一个新习惯很容易

while we're in the ‘honeymoon week'特别是我们处在对某种习惯的“蜜月期”的时候

but the real change occurs when you try stick to them for a year.但是,只有你坚持一年的时间,你才会看到真正的变化

In 10 years time十年之后

you will be living a completely different life.你的生活会跟现在决然不同

You may start a family或许你已经成家立业

or be on a new career path或者开始了新的事业

and you may even be the boss of your own company.甚至,你有可能已经是自己公司的老板

Don't get stuck in the trap of "sorting things out later"别老想着“日后再来理性头绪”,这只是一个陷住你的泥潭

or thinking that you have tonnes of time.也别想着你的时间无穷无尽

We are already 60% of the way through 2019我们已经度过了2019年大部分的时间

and the year will be over before you know it.在你尚未意识到的时候,这一年就要结束了

Start by improving 1% per day每天做出1%的改进

and it will compound.你会有满满的收获

Over a year you will grow一年之后,你会大大成长

and over 10 years you will create big things.10年之后,你会有巨大的成就

Time will pass whether you're using it or if you're not.无论你有没有好好利用时间,时间都会流失

Choose to use your time.谨慎的用好自己的时间吧!